Any property removal project, as basic as it may be needs advanced planning and proper organising. As the saying goes if you fail to plan you plan to fail, so take the time and effort to think your home or office relocation through and plan for as much as possible in advance, it will make life easier later on, for yourself and for the movers. Good planning and organising is also likely to save you a decent amount of time, money and hassles from dealing with unexpected issues on the go.
- Start planning and organising your property removal well ahead of time. Since there is quite a bit of administration involved in moving, it would be good to begin contacting relevant organisations and agencies about two months in advance. There will be some paperwork too, so don’t lose time, get ahead early in the game and enjoy a breezy relocation.
- Figure out what types of services will you require as part of the removal. Many people need storage, rubbish removal, packing, relocation of pets, high value items, bulky items etc. All of these could pose an issue if unaccounted for, and could delay, even postpone your removal – not a good situation to be in. X Removals offers a wide range of additional options to go with your removal, so speak to us and we will make sure that all of your project requirements are taken care of properly and at the best possible price.
- Insurance is an important aspect of property removals, especially if relocating long distance/intercity or internationally. It is recommended to secure insurance, as life is unpredictable. When it comes to insurance, it is always better to have it and not need it, rather than the other way around. Speak to our customer consultants about insurance, we will assist you with finding and choosing the best option for your circumstances, or of course you can do this yourself. X Removals has all required trade insurance coverage to provide you with much needed peace of mind. If you already have home insurance set up with a third party, then by all means check with them and see if your removal isn’t already covered by the policy.
- Packing and securing of valuables before transportation is also quite essential. Odd items, bulky items, heavy goods etc. will all need to be properly packed and secured so there are no issues during handling and transit. In case you are shifting exceptionally long, wide, heavy etc. goods then let us know in advance so that we can arrange the right type of transportation. X Removals maintains and operates a vehicle fleet of various sizes and load capacity (Long wheel bases, Short wheel base, Heavy duty vans etc.) If unsure about it, by all means let us know and we will come out to you for a viewing and sort it out in advance.
- Prepare a detailed inventory of all the items in your home, office or commercial establishment. Single out the ones destined for the tip, mark the ones being left behind, make a list of priority or fragile items etc. If necessary our removal teams will help you label or colour code everything prior to removal so there is no confusion on moving day. Once the complete list is ready, it would be good if you send us a copy of it so we know what’s going on too, and perhaps make any forward arrangements should the need be there.
- If you need certain items put into storage, or some stuff is rubbish and needs to be disposed of, we can arrange for everything to happen seamlessly and with the least amount of fuss and additional costs. For that to happen though, we would need to be aware of the details and specifics of your removal, especially if large scale or long distance relocation.
- When removal day is nearer, don’t forget to deal with all the mundane but necessary things like redirecting your mail, cancelling or redirecting any subscriptions and deliveries to your old address. Also contact your telecom providers and ask them to transfer your services to your new address, the same applies to utility companies. Contact banks and financial institutions you have dealings with so they know you are moving. Pay any due or outstanding bills before you leave as this will save you a ton of hassles later on.